Expressions of Interest
If you are interested in completing a PhD in the Plant Development Lab, you are welcome to discuss potential projects with the group at any time. (See the projects section of this website for potential project ideas.)
To express your interest, please contact Professor Christine Beveridge. It will be helpful if you can include a copy of your CV, and the answers to the below questions:
- Why do you
- want to do a PhD and
- why in this lab?
- What are the research skills and interests that you feel will be beneficial to you as a PhD candidate in our lab?
- How do you plan to meet your living expenses in Australia?
- For international students: How is your spoken English and how do you cope with English spoken with an accent (e.g., Australian)?
- What is your plan for improving your written and spoken English when you are here?
- Would you be prepared to take an English language class while here in Australia to improve your English?
- Why are you well suited to laboratory and glasshouse work?
- Why are you well suited to a research career?
- What are your expectations regarding a PhD at UQ?
Alternatively, you can contact Professor Beveridge using the email address above or on (07) 3365 7525 to set up a meeting time to discuss a project in person.
Submitting an Application
Once you have contacted Professor Beveridge and been encouraged to apply for a PhD scholarship, you should follow the directions for step 5 on the UQ Graduate School website (Domestic and International students). Further information useful for international applicants can be found here.
Applications should be submitted to the Postgraduate Admin Officer for the School of Biological Sciences in the Faculty of Science (full list of contacts is here). Currently the Admin contact is Gail Walter.